At DJM we provide opportunities for our teachers to present their classroom practices in our Professional Development activities. We believe it is the teacher who knows best about what happens in a classroom and as such each has a wealth of knowledge and experience to share.
Our teachers share their classroom practices with each other, swapping formats, ideas & strategies. A recent workshop was conducted by one of our teachers, Mandy who shared her beliefs and practices on Behaviour Management. (see a sample of her work on the drop down menu).
Our professional development events are practical, relevant and fun. We share information about:
- Behaviour Management – an oldie but a goodie – looking at proactive teaching & learning strategies such as ‘ Thinking Keys’ and De Bono’s 6 Hats as a Behaviour Management Strategy; Classroom strategies to identify & manage Bullying Behaviour… and so on
- Literacy & Numeracy – never goes off the table – focusing on such topics as Ideas for Reading, Writing, Speaking & Listening; Cross Curriculum Literacy lessons; Literacy & Numeracy lessons; Assessment strategies..and so on
- Any curriculum areas or subject specific topics identified by our teachers – exploring Teaching & Learning Strategies in Maths, Science, PE, Health ..
We have many resources available:
- Relief/Supply Teaching Strategies compiled by DJM Teachers with practical down to earth teaching ideas and strategies complied by Scott & Ross
- Behaviour Management Strategies complied by Mandy & Steve for DJM Teachers
- Classroom Literacy Lessons – Practical Ideas written for teachers by Teachers in Reading, Writing, Speaking & Listening
- Cross-curricula Literacy Lessons – complied by Sarah
- Assessment & Reporting Strategies & Formats – complied by Bron DJM
- De Bono’s Six Hat Strategies and Critical Thinking Skills & lots of classroom activities…with help from Tom and Peter
- much much more!
All are available on request or through attendance at the PD activities.
Briony DJM teacher in London says:
” Working for DJM is great! Their professional development sessions are always held in a ‘surprise’ venue such as a Health club, or great restaurant or top floor of a pub! They always provide us with food & drink during the workshops. They are a professional team with a friendly approach to teaching. They are always looking after us!”
Contact Bron for more information:
DJM Personnel: firstname.lastname@example.org
UK Phone: +44 (0) 208 688 8203
UK Mobile: +44 (0) 7714 763 652