At DJM we provide opportunities for our teachers to present their classroom practices in our Professional Development activities. We believe it is the teacher who knows best about what happens in a classroom and as such each has a wealth of knowledge and experience to share.
Our teachers share their classroom practices with each other through our:
- workshops & courses – Behaviour Management, Literacy, Programming, Assessment & reporting; Thinkers Keys, De Bono’s 6 Hats .
- Swap meets – swapping formats, ideas & strategies.
- Resources to copy & share
Our professional development events are practical, relevant and fun.
Briony DJM teacher in London says:
” Working for DJM is great! They are always available for a chat & are very supportive. Their professional development sessions are great too & always held in a ‘surprise’ venue such as a Health club, or great restaurant or top floor of a pub! They always provide us with food & drink during the workshops. They are a professional team with a friendly approach to teaching. They are always looking after us!”
check out our recent PD
- Behaviour Management with Mandy DJM Teacher’s ideas & strategies
- Critical Literacy – Analysis of Social Media – DJMers using De Bono’s PMI & what we concluded!
We have many resources available:
- Relief/Supply Teaching Strategies compiled by DJM Teachers with practical down to earth teaching ideas and strategies complied by Scott & Ross
- Behaviour Management Strategies complied by Mandy & Steve for DJM Teachers
- Classroom Literacy Lessons – Practical Ideas written for teachers by Teachers in Reading, Writing, Speaking & Listening
- Cross-curricula Literacy Lessons – complied by Sarah
- Assessment & Reporting Strategies & Formats – complied by Bron DJM
- De Bono’s Six Hat Strategies and Critical Thinking Skills & lots of classroom activities…with help from Tom and Peter
- Social and Emotion wellbeing & learning – creating positive and productive learners & learning environments: source – Kids Matter – Australian Primary Schools Mental Health Initiatives...
All are available on request or through attendance at the PD activities.
Contact Bron for more information:
DJM Personnel: email@example.com
UK Phone: +44 (0) 208 688 8203
UK Mobile: +44 (0) 7714 763 652