Schools have rules and regulations we adhere to without question.
Schools want all teachers to have undergone and passed these vetting & safeguarding checks.
- Proof of identity (passport)
- Right to work in the UK (passport/correct visa)
- Medical clearance: Doctor’s Letter/Medical Survey form
- List 99 (Children’s Barred List from October 2009)*
- Enhanced DBS disclosure
- Overseas trained Teachers a National/Federal Police Check/Working with Children Card from country of origin
- Teaching Qualifications to a Bachelor level
- Teacher Registration; Overseas trained teachers are Registered Teachers in their home country proving they are a fit and proper person to be registered as a teacher.
- Prohibition Checks: Teachers with QTS can be checked for prohibition orders/interim prohibition orders. Prohibition Checks can only be made on teachers who have QTS.
- Two references being either 2 teaching references or a combination of 1 teaching/1 character reference obtained from school based personnel
Most important of all:
We conduct a face-to-face interview with every candidate before they begin to work with us. This is how we get to know each teacher – what they want – their goals, aspirations while also discussing their teaching experiences & teaching needs. This meeting is essential to building a full picture of who each candidate is and what they want.
DJM has always passed industry and education standards to an outstanding level. The REC logo displayed on all our work means DJM Personnel has been judged by the UK Education Recruitment industry to have the highest standards. This means DJM is fully compliant with all legal requirements and conducts itself with honesty, fairness & ethics.
As one of our schools said:
” Thank you for the service you provide. It is a pleasure to work with you. The quality of your teaching staff is well matched to the needs of our school”